Friday, August 15, 2008

Changing Times









I When I got home Wednesday night I couldn't believe how different things were. I had only been gone 10 days. Our house is really changing fast. I am feeling as though I sit on top of a huge rock and now, I can see for miles and miles. It is an awesome feeling to be able to enjoy the surroundings again. We decided to take the six palm trees out at the driveway and so within 45 minutes this morning they are cut down, chopped up and gone. They sounded like six sonic booms as they came down. So, the truck is gone, the trees are gone, the roses are gone, the view is fabulous and we are excited for all the new landscaping to continue to make us feel like we are home. Where the truck was there will be a firepit and sitting area, how different that will be. Just think all this because of a great birthday present to Dad of a few new trees!!!!


I have collected a few pictures along the way, so here goes with my attempt to 'show and tell'.....








6 comments:

Todd said...

I cannot figure out where you are puting the putting green??????

Nead Family said...

ha, ha, ha Todd! Wow--I can't believe how different it looks! Can't wait to see the finished product if/when we come in January! Looks great!

Diana said...

Barbs,
Wait a minute! Are you guys secretly on one of those HGTV Landscaping shows, and just don't want us to know????? I am amazed Harland would let his roses go!!! I thought he would bring me some in October! :0)
Where is the pool going?

Liz said...

Yay Barb!!! Welcome to the blogging world!! I am so excited to follow your landscaping and other adventures! Will the yard be done by November when I get down there??? Knowing Har it will be!! Love you guys- Liz

Judy said...

Hi. Thanks for sharing. Maybe we'll make it to SoCal to check it out one of these days. We wish you were coming to Meridian.

Kayleen said...

It's going to look GREAT! We can't wait to see it!